Best time to marry in Ibiza
One of the first few questions I get asked during site visits is about Ibiza wedding day timings – ‘which months are the best of the year to plan our wedding in Ibiza?’ and ‘at what time should we start our wedding the day-of?’
best time of the year
Usually, as soon as I get this question I simply turn it around and ask them – ‘at what time do you want to finish your event?’ It is good to give guests a finishing time – especially for the elder ones.
In Ibiza, there is a local law that affects most venues (villas, restaurants, etc.) on the island and that does not allow private venues in residential areas to continue with music after 12 midnight. If you are looking to party all night long, then consider a venue that has a license to continue until 3 am. Alternatively, arrange transport and take all your friends to one of the big clubs!
Once you know what time the party finishes you work backward on it:
– How long do I want my party/open bar to go on for? 3 – 4 hours?
– Allow 2 hours for the dinner service and half an hour for speeches
– The reception duration will usually be 1 hour or 1 ½ hours. This is the time you have with your photographer so check with him/her how much time should you allow. Canapes and drinks should be flowing during this time and you can even consider live entertainment.
– Ceremony – if you have opted for a blessing, then 30 min should be enough. Always check this with your celebrant. For church weddings, another timing should be applied.
– Allow your guests 30 minutes to make it to the place and keep them refreshed.
And you have your starting time!
Thank you for considering villa Païssa d’en Bernat for your event. You can be assured that we will help you create an event that will bring rave reviews from your guests. For further information please get in touch here.